Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Rules That Guys Wish Women Knew?

I recently found a list entitled ‘25 rules that guys wish women knew’. I’m not entirely positive that they were actually written by a guy but they were nevertheless criticisms of women that I had heard before. So I thought that in the interest of communication and education between the sexes I would share a few with you. And my thoughts on the point in question. Just in case you were interested.

So to start with, I may as well begin with the first two…
1. Crying is blackmail.
Yes. We know. Your point?
2. Ask for what you want. Subtle hints don’t work.
Apparently. But please note here that if guy’s expect this, I think they should lose the right to bitch so much about nagging as ‘asking’ doesn’t always work either.

Then we come down to this couple…
7. Anything you wear is fine. Really.
Well I think some women live in hope that expressing consideration over their appearance may rub off. Guys, anything you wear that you claim you’re comfortable in is not always fine. Really.
8. Christopher Columbus didn’t need directions, and neither do we.
Hmm, well when you can find all the erogenous zones on a partner’s body you may bring up this point again.

And no post is complete without a little toilet humour…
11. Learn to work the toilet seat; if it’s up, put it down.
Since you had to put it up in the first place, finish what you started.
13. Yes, peeing standing up is more difficult than peeing from point blank range. We’re bound to miss sometimes.
Then learn what a sponge looks like or rediscover the many uses for toilet paper.

After that we come to these gems..
14. ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ are perfectly acceptable answers.
Perhaps, but grunting is never an acceptable answer and is quite frankly a stupid response to an open-ended question.
18. If you don’t dress like the Victoria’s Secret girls, don’t expect us to act like soap-opera guys.
If you don’t act like decent human beings when we have our clothes on, don’t expect us to take them off.

Of course, there is also the stupid…
20. Let us ogle. If we don’t look at other women, how can we know how pretty you are?
Should this even be dignified with a response? Although along a similar vein I’d have to say that you guys have no right to expect that we give up our male friends. If you can’t trust in the relationship, then you’d better have a good think about it.

And then last but not least…
25. Nothing says “I love you” like sex.
Yep. And nothing says “I hate you” like a kick in the teeth but I’d have to say that I’d still prefer being told verbally any day of the week.

So I hope that a few of those rules have helped you women out there figure out where it is that you’re going wrong. I know I felt enlightened after reading the list. Entertained as well, but there you go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home