Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Friday, March 06, 2009

Picture Perfect

It was make-up time at the end of last week in the house of pre-nuptial bliss. Although not in the sense that I was required to make up to my other half. I’m sure there were transgressions for which I’m pretty sure I did apologise however, namely being a moody witch or something to that effect. But I digress. I did not need to make up with The Boy but was, as it were, made up for him instead. Once again I attended a Bless The Bride Expo (which, as I have previously written, worked out so well for me the last time) and got suckered in by the free stuff which led to a makeup trial at my house on Friday night.

It always reminds me at times like these how much I quite like looking polished and put together. You know, to sort of feel glamorous like a red carpet actress or a catwalk model. This is then followed in about 5 minutes however by the realisation that I probably look more like a Kmart model or a commercial extra and the reason I hardly ever wear a complete face of makeup is because I quite detest the feeling of having it all over my face. Oh well. It is unfortunately something that is largely unavoidable for a wedding. Especially if you’re the bride. So I will well and truly have to suck it up because not only will I be required to have the stuff pancaked on but I will be required to leave it there all day long!

The lady that actually came and did the trial was really nice. She was very friendly and open to just trying things to see if they worked. Which would be a plus really because what we ended up with didn’t really work at all. I think I looked like a bit of a scare bear by the end of it. Green may be my colour but envious of having that particular shade in my eye shadow palette I was not. I think I might be better off going back to the original warm tones idea that I had a while ago when talking to a friend who also does makeup.

I have been blessed in my friends that not only are they all awesome people but one of them has even offered to do a make-up trial for me before the wedding and if we find something that works, to help me out on the day as well. Coordinating timetables at the moment has been a bit of an issue so I figured it couldn’t hurt if I had more of an idea about what I wanted before we sat down. Of course, careful planning and consideration don’t exactly minimise the potential for the Panda Effect which is usually the look I end up with whenever I take that much makeup off my face but it does help to have an aforementioned goal before it gets put on my face. And maybe when we look into my make-up next time, we should look into The Boy’s as well. As much as I want to look great in my wedding photos, I don’t want to look like I’m marrying my own personal ghost and they do say that a problem shared is a problem halved. If I have to suffer for art then he may as well too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home