Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Thursday, December 18, 2008

One For Two

So now that I have found my dress, the next question is what on earth do I put my maid of honour in!? I am definitely not one of those brides that think she is going to seem far more attractive if she is surrounded by women who are made to look as ugly as possible by wearing say a fluorescent lime dress. It actually amazes me that there are women like this. I was once in a bridal parlour where the attendant served a bride who refused to consider a dress her maid of honour picked out for the bridal party because she happened to look stunning in it. There are words for women like her. And they’re not very flattering!

Anyway, I am largely of the opinion that if we deck the bridal party out stylishly enough it will only make The Boy and I seem more attractive (and demonstrate our impeccably good taste to boot). And now I have to find the “right” dress all over again. It just doesn’t stop! I’m sure I’ll be involved in my mum’s outfit too...I do have the advantage in the case of my maid of honour however that the female that I am shopping for is my sister. A funky chick that in looks, is more my twin than some freakish aberration from the gene pool that would cause you to wonder if she was in fact the milkman’s daughter. There is absolutely no mistaking that we are sisters and that we both came from our parents! I do have to be a little careful with strapless gowns for The Pussycat as I call her though, otherwise I’ll be preceded into the church and followed around all day by my very own linebacker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home