Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Monday, August 22, 2005

A Secret For Attracting Women Only The Pros Know


At some point while interacting with a woman I might take her hand and praise, "You have the most amazing smile I've seen tonight... It makes me feel so happy inside!" She'll usually respond with, "Thank you!" Then I'll count the fingers on my other hand and say, "You know what: actually there were four other girls with really amazing smiles tonight as well. Out of them, you have the fourth best smile. I'm going to call you number four." And then I'll push away her hand. More often than not, women demand, "No!!! I want to be number one!" I'll usually retort with, "Alright, I'll promote you to number three for being feisty."

Do women find this derisive and mean? Not at all (Note: once in while you'll encounter a psychologically damaged woman who doesn't think this is cute. She is the exception and not the rule. My advice: run away from these types of women, quickly). Most women find this funny, charming, and playful. More importantly, it generates attraction: the emotion of wanting and reaching and chasing for more of you.

Well there you have it folks. The reason why I am still single is that I am actually a psychologically damaged female with no sense of humour. I feel I can now give up all hope with impunity, as I obviously have no appreciation of the subtleties inherent in the social negotiations that occur between men and women. All potential suitors should flee as fast as possible should they find themselves in my vicinity for I will not be swayed by the gambit that I am actually inferior to those around me. Who would have thought?

So I suppose its obvious that I might have a slight problem with this so called ‘secret’ (although to be more honest, I should say with this particular example). The actual push/pull technique that the original author was trying to demonstrate is something to which I don’t necessarily have an aversion. In principle. It does have its advantages and I feel can be used without causing insult or hurt feelings. When it is used as a calculated ploy to manipulate others for the user’s own ends however, I feel like smacking someone.

Basically, the push/pull technique requires that person A offers another pursuit or positive reinforcement and then backs off creating the situation in which that other person (B) will then seek their validation. This need for approval and validation it is argued, then creates (or adds to) the feeling of attraction in B as they are placing a higher value or significance in A’s opinion and are seeing them as a prize to be won over. It is also argued by the way that if you are a true Don Juan of the dating scene, from that initial 'test', it is merely a slippery slope from bar to bed. I do happen to think that this is bollocks but there are obviously people who disagree.

And there you have it. The push/pull secret to success with women. Unless of course you come across one of us psychologically damaged ones that is. Because then you’re screwed. Or not as the case may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home