Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Friday, January 06, 2006

Resolutions


Well for better or for worse, another year has passed. I’ve no doubt gained some valuable life experiences and grown as a person but I’m still none the wiser. Unlike last year though, I did not hit the town, tripping around in high heels and sipping cocktails. I didn’t end up in dodgy nightclubs with people one drink away from passing out and I didn’t make the walk of shame home at six-thirty in the morning. Well you sure missed out some of you might think but I’d have to say that I still had a fantastic new years.

Thanks to my friend the Admiral, I saw the New Year in with close friends by the harbour, wearing shorts and thongs, eating cold chicken and sitting in the perfect position to see exactly what the city of Sydney had to offer for the end of 2005 (and technically, the beginning of 2006). I must admit, it was better than the previous year’s efforts too. So maybe it was a sign. Maybe this was the heralding of a better year to come. Earlier in the evening I had been asked what my highlight was, which kind of pulled me up short. Its not that good things didn’t happen but that there seemed nothing worthy of being considered outstanding.

So that brings me to my new years resolutions. At this time of the year, many people make lists and promises to themselves that they have no real intention of keeping. I thought why should I be any different and if I actually put them here, I may just stick to some of them. Such as:

· Drink more water (I figure that this is possibly more realistic than avoiding chocolate and pizza)
· Take more photos (having just bought an expensive camera it would be a colossal waste of money if I didn’t use it)
· Do not go on any more blind dates (they make me more nervous and as the Pussycat says, I’m not dumb enough to do it three times)
· Go out more though (you’ve got to be in it to win it)
· Avoid people I really don’t fancy (why not look for a guy who can induce fainting, breathlessness and the lust-buzz on sight instead)
· Remember some things don’t change (just because someone says it will be different, does not mean it will be)
· Go with the flow more (try not to overanalyse everything or obsess about stupid stuff)
· Take up some sort of dance class (or several of them)
· Save more money (self explanatory really)
· Keep in better touch with friends and family (after all, they do keep me sane)

And so perhaps if I go into this new year trying to get the most out of it, if someone asks me next year what my highlight was, I may have a ready answer for them. On the other hand, I may be able to say I don’t know - it was all good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home