Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Friday, October 17, 2008

The Hands On Approach

What is it with some females in the wedding industry and someone elses man? Do they figure that at the point a guy is shopping for something with his fiancée then you can flirt and touch as much as you want because they wouldn’t expect you meant anything by it? Or maybe its one of those things where you think the way to get the man on side with whatever you’re selling is to make him feel that the service is personal in more ways than one? I really don’t know.

I probably would not have thought much about it either except that The Boy mentioned he was made rather uncomfortable by one of the vendors at the Wedding Extravaganza we went to last night. Also because this is the second time I have heard of a groom’s personal space being invaded in an unwelcome manner. It seems that some women really like getting their hands on a man. They’ll hold a hand for a fraction too long or they’ll touch an arm almost as a caress. Perhaps this angle normally works well for them when the guy is engaged with whatever they’re discussing and not wishing he was anywhere else with more testosterone. The males that I know however don’t like it at all.

As far as The Boy and the other groom were concerned, it was inappropriate to be that familiar without invitation and doubly inappropriate to be so in front of the fiancée. Both men felt extremely uncomfortable and somewhat put on the spot. They had no wish to “make it an issue” and especially in front of their partner at that. I am not one of those desperately jealous women ready to claw any other female’s eyes out if she dares to cast her glance over The Boy. I am more likely to laugh cause I know that she wouldn’t have a hope in hell of getting anywhere if she cared to try. I am however offended that that type of female would help give other women a bad name and affect the men in my life. If you need to touch someone that desperately, get your own damn man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home