Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Saturday, November 01, 2008

May I Be Of Service?

Why is it that the people who are the most friendly and helpful seem to work for the venues that we like the least? The boy is still doing a wonderful job getting quotes and researching locations for the wedding reception. We have been to discuss options with a few of the vendors too but by and large, most of them are not as helpful as they like to think they are. The zoo wants to be accommodating. Since we don’t have enough friends, they are happy to still let us hire the venue because they can option up the food and the beverage package accordingly. Which is basically a nice way of saying we have a minimum spend, get over it. Other places are prepared to be flexible too. They accept that Friday nights and winter bookings are not as popular and they’re prepared to negotiate but that usually entails you spending the larger amount for a package and having more inclusions of your choice.

That’s not really very helpful to us as we are afflicted with the small sphincter syndrome at present.

It seems that it is only once we get to the venues that not exactly to our taste that we get offers that are really accommodating. For the alcohol, we can choose a silver package but if we choose a “bronze” wine for that price, we can also choose a “gold” one as well. If there is something we don’t want in the “package”, we can be credited the equivalent cost or substitute the addition with another. Oh and if we happen to want to supply our own champagne or bridal table booze, this can be done without additional charge or loss to us as well. Some people just couldn’t be more helpful.

Unfortunately I am very quickly getting over the whole thing. I have definitely found another career I can cross of the possible options list because I hate wedding planning. At the moment I’m the farthest thing from a Bridezilla who wants the whole wedding her way. I’m actually trying to figure out if I can just not have the wedding. That’s easier said than done really. If you want your life to be liveable with family and friends after you are actually married that is. But whilst we are looking at potential venues to book, if I’m going to spend money for something I like then these places don’t quite fit the bill. If I get fed up with the whole thing and go for the cheapest option around then they’re not really on the maybe list either. I should definitely start praying to the Powerball Gods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home