Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Take III...part 2


Given that my last attempt was a little too mushy on the whole, I thought I needed to post something on here to balance it out. This is definitely not going to be used in my speech, mostly because I don’t feel its really in keeping with the whole style of the wedding at all, but it did amuse me nonetheless.

Thank you to my mum and dad cause you done raised me good
I waited for the perfect man just like you said I should
Thank you to my sister cause you’ve always made me smile
And should you ever need me all you have to do is dial
Thank you to my new in-laws, you’ve all been really great
You’ve welcomed me from day one which I so appreciate
Thank you to the minister, you really helped us out
Without you there’d be zip right now to celebrate about
Thank you to photographers who’ve caught our wedding day
Those frozen moments mean much more to us than I can say
Thank you to the tailors and the dress makers we used
If not for you we’d all be nude and our guests unamused
Thank you to the florist, you have brightened up our room
From the tables to the blossoms which adorned the bride and groom
Thank you to the drivers of the cars which brought us here
Your navigation skills are tops, you all deserve a beer
Thank you to the chefs and cooks and bar and wait staff too
A hungry or a thirsty room of people would not do
Thank you to the maker of the cake that sits right there
I know that it was made with taste and talent and some care
Thank you to the dj for the tunes you mix tonight
I’m sure you’ll play some songs to get this party started right
Thank you to my husband for the great man that you are
If we keep on as we have done we’re sure to both go far
And finally a thank you to the loved ones here before me

Eat up, drink up, cut a rug and smile because its free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home