Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Touchy, Testy And Otherwise Ticked

I must say, I feel compelled to point out that my PMS or lack thereof has absolutely nothing to do with other people being morons. There are some people out there however, who are not of that opinion. Apparently it’s quite handy to assume that if I have a problem, it must have something to do with me being a female and it might also be something that will go away by itself. Eventually. Females are after all, as many have said, not entirely trustworthy creatures. I mean would you trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn’t die?

Ok. Lame joke we have all heard before but valid point. Quite often it seems that when a female gets upset and a guy calls her on it, not far behind is a reference to PMS. At the risk of sounding bitchy – I think its really lame and it annoys the crap out of me. I’m not saying that PMS doesn’t exist or that it doesn’t adversely affect some women but rather that we are not all hormonal all of the time. And even when we are somewhat emotional, it doesn’t mean we’ve suddenly lost the use of half our brain cells. I’m sure if that were the case, medical science would have discovered it before now.

The other thing that occasionally leaves me rather frustrated is people who seem to assume they’ve pissed me off. And tell me about it. Not people who have actually pissed me off (which is a different matter entirely), but people who have obviously read my body language or my voice incorrectly and proceed to say something like ‘now I’ve really annoyed you’. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I’m not exactly backwards about coming forwards when I’m unhappy with someone. I’m pretty sure I let people know in no uncertain terms. I’m big enough to admit that I don’t always tell people why when I’m in a funk but I think it’s rather obvious when I am.

If I’m not spitting and hissing or desperately trying escape, it’s usually pretty safe to assume you are not going to see the thundercloud impression. At least I think so. But then again, my friends didn’t enlighten me on the whole thundercloud impression bit for quite a while so maybe I’m not the best one to ask. Either way, this isn’t really going anywhere but I just wanted to vent a bit. When a few things turned Princess Miffy into Princess Miffed this week and I thought this would be cathartic. And I must say, I am feeling better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home