Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Friday, January 07, 2005

If The Key Fits (Part One)

Well, for all those who thought I went out on a limb to try speed dating, I have also sampled one of the other scintillating events available on the singles scene (well actually, scintillating is not really a word I'd use to describe it but it sounded good). So how would I describe it? I guess it was one hell of a party really.

For the company who was hosting, this was their first event of the kind in Australia but I think they tried to play it up like it was the first of 'its' kind as well. Anyone who's been around the scene however will have heard of similar events or maybe even have been to one. I met two guys there who had been to a 'nut and bolt' party which is pretty much the same thing. Anyway, my hosts got a few sponsors on board (namely one for free alcohol), some nifty prizes up their sleeve, a hot venue in Oxford Street and as much of their mailing list as they could manage it looked like.

Since I tried speed dating I haven't really found my way off the company’s mailing list apparently. Now, every time they 'do' something like having the ABC film an event (which I didn't want to be a part of), having 60 Minutes film an event (which I really didn't want to be a part of - why announce on commercial television that you're desperate and dateless!?! - besides, I hate being filmed) or hosting a Lock and Key party - I get an email. This last email was really quite amusing though. They wanted to inform me that when I participated in speed dating, I matched with over 70% of the men present! And get this, my 'obvious allure has elevated [me] to "ELITE" status (a.k.a - Hot, confident, sexy… you get the drift)'. And I'm 'exactly the type of person that would have the most amazing time at our "Follow the Rabbit" event'. Just as an aside though, what I want to know is, if I'm so hot, confident and sexy, why have I then been so single? So anyway, I got an email inviting me to spend my money and help make them look good. Oh sorry, that was come to an excellent event and have an awesome time.

The event itself was $50 ($49 to make it sound cheaper) which I figured was actually pretty good as the alcohol was free that night and the prizes weren't bad either. Whether or not you like cars, I think anyone could have a good time with a couple of tickets to the Formula 1 Grand Prix. They also had a Latin group providing the music so I knew I wouldn't be stuck listening to something I hated for three hours. The dress code for the night was strictly sexy and sassy - I obviously passed with a see-through lace top, leather jacket and black pants - and the venue was pretty cool as well. Not real obvious though. If I hadn't had the address I never would have found it. But I guess that just added to the whole exclusive/elite/we're-better-than-you-so-there type thing they were going for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home