Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Monday, April 18, 2005

Is It A Bird...?

I saw Superman the other day and he was cute. No really, I did. See Superman that is. And think he was cute. I happened to be walking down York Street and right up along side film crews, extras and plenty of other people involved within the movie industry, all here to create the next Superman flick. So just like all the other gawking pedestrians, I stopped to watch, fascinated by I have to admit, not much at all. I did get to see them actually film something though and I did get to see the super man himself.

So that got me thinking. Am I really a superman kind of girl? Do I go for the whole superhero image of ultimate strength and goodness? Or perhaps am I more a Clark Kent kind of girl? Someone after the down-to-earth and more sweet-natured of the species. Or indeed am I actually neither? Do I instead consider myself a Lex Luther fan? Possibly hungering after the bad boy who either has absolutely no intention of being a good boy at all or who only occasionally likes to try on the righteous side of life just to see if he can still fit into it.

Of course these are rather ridiculous stereotypes that are hardly indicative of the entire male population but since a whole heap of guys still feel that Wonderwoman would be their ideal mate, lets just run with this for a second. For starters, I’d have to say that I’m a little too selfish for Superman. I wouldn’t want a guy who would be constantly breaking dates cause he had to rush off and save the world. I wouldn’t want someone I could never get a hold of or who held secrets from me and I also wouldn’t want to feel bad that I desired this. In other words, I know I’m selfish but I’d be more comfortable if it wasn’t completely obvious.

With Lex you probably wouldn’t have this problem. You would most likely be convinced that you were actually his world, at least in the beginning. If anything, you would end up focusing on if he still cared for you rather than if you were selfish because this guy is not above taking advantage when it suits him or taking whatever he wants. This is sort of attractive though at times. The trouble is, he’s kinda ruthless at it, which isn’t. So I guess I’d have to say I pass on Lex too. He might turn my head but he’s way out of my league.

And as far as Clark Kent goes, well he always seems a little too unassuming. Super nice, super friendly but just not superman. A certain amount of confidence and assertiveness usually goes a long way and according to the storytellers Clark Kent just doesn’t have it. Although if I really think about it, good old Clark usually is pretty cool. He’s always portrayed as a great guy but they make it so obvious Lois Lane can’t see the wood for the trees that we see him as needing to improve. So I guess for want of a better option, I’d favour Clark Kent but for now I’ll leave him to Lois. I’m still on the hunt for my superman though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home