Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Monday, May 16, 2005

Dating Survival Guide

Well I just thought I would share with you all the fact that I have recently stumbled across a cool magazine. To be honest, it was my sister who actually found it but given that she occasionally reads this site, she felt it might also be of interest to me which it was. Its called the Dating Survival Guide and it has lots of articles about dating trends and issues, some of which I have touched on in the past, others which I’ve yet to explore. Like Dinner For Six. I have been meaning to do it for months and now I really want to get around to it!

There were other things that especially caught my interest as well. One of them was the article on being hypnotized into believing you are a man magnet. The account by the author who road-tested it sounded pretty cool. I’m not sure that its something I would actually feel the need to do but it really does go to show what positive thinking and assertiveness can achieve. It also made me think that maybe I should try to be more laid back when I’m out. I believe I could possibly achieve a similar state with the right group of friends and a little Dutch courage so maybe I’ll give it a go. Watch out world.

What I’d also like to give a go is the ‘10 dates you must have’. I’m pretty sure that so far I’ve covered the Blind Date (which was interesting), the Try-Something-New-Date (which was highly amusing), the Charity Work Date (which was in turn nice and awkward) and the Spur-Of-The-Moment-Date (which ended up in the best make-out session I’ve ever had) but there are still six to go. Some time in my dating future I need to experience the Clandestine Date, the Fly-Me-To-Paris Date, the Woman-On-Top Date, the Power Date, the Paparazzi Date and the Dinner-As-Formality Date. I may not actually achieve all those but trying certainly sounds like fun.

So yeah, I thought the magazine was really good and that its well worth getting a hold of for those of you who can. Especially as I believe its new and the current issue is the first one out. Hopefully, if its successful enough, they will keep producing more issues because I’d really like to see where they go from here. Actually, its the kind of thing I wish I could be involved in myself cause I’ve always secretly wanted to be Lynda Day out of Press Gang but all fantasies aside and in case I don’t see it again, you should check it out if you’re in Australia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home