Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Like A Dream

I had a dream about not being prepared for the wedding last night. It wasn’t a nightmare because it didn’t scare the pants off me or anything like that but it was a little unsettling at the time. It wasn’t about the wedding itself however. I mean I wasn’t going oh my god, I’m getting married today and I don’t have a dress yet but I was feeling dreadfully unprepared for the rest of the day. I know that I was with my parents and a seemingly random dog and that I was quite concerned about making sure I’d be able to have everything that I wanted with me. I was racing around the house (which was not our house, or rather their house but somewhere that seemed a mixture of a few places I know, mostly my Sydney Aunt and Uncle’s) and frantically thinking of all the items I would need because I couldn’t come back for anything forgotten. I think I started writing a list as well, just to make sure I got it covered.

I know I needed my camera. I think I wanted my tripod. Clothes to change into after the wedding and over the weekend when I would be in a hotel were also on the list. I can’t remember anything else though. Now that I think about what possessions I might need in order to get ready and to last a few days without going home, there doesn’t seem an awful lot of other things that would be important. Well, apart from money and keys but they wouldn’t have needed to be ‘gathered’. They just would have been there. The list was growing at about 5 or 6 items however. And I had that feeling you get after you realise you’ve woken up late. You’re focusing as much on the need to rush as you are on the things you need to remember before you leave the house and you just feel like sitting down cause you can’t figure out where to start.

I’m sure you could come up with some sort of Freudian analysis of my dream and say that although I appear to have settled in my decision to marry, I could still be feeling somewhat unprepared for what comes after. The fact that I was not in my own house but rather another disjointed home might suggest that I have some personal unresolved issues or may need to organise my thoughts or my environment more in order to take the time to chill out. Of course, you could also say that the random dog was the one my cousin asked me if The Boy could dogsit last night while we had a girls night out. The house was therefore her home because she and I will travel together to said girls night and the rushed feeling comes from the fact that I was lucid dreaming right before I was woken up late this morning.

I must say though that I am still waiting for the good dream about this wedding. The one where my girlfriend from overseas flies in to surprise me and we have some amazing last minute additions to the day because we win lotto a fortnight before the event. Where the guests decide they’re still in the mood to party after the reception and we all kick on until The Boy and I feel the need to pass out in our very expensive hotel suite which we don’t leave for about 24 hours. We do poke out our heads for a small gathering of the interstate guests but then abscond back in to opulent luxury before flying off to an exotic location for our honeymoon which includes several foreign countries. I think that would be a much more productive way of spending my sleeping hours if I’m going to remember them afterwards. Plus they do say that positive visualisation can help things come to pass...

1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Like A Dream" to our Directory of Honeymoon Travels and Locations. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

honeymun.com Team

http://www.honeymun.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home