Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dressing Barbie Dolls

Well I’ve come to the conclusion that what comes out of my mouth when I try to communicate an idea must sound like Swahili. Or some other foreign language that absolutely no one within spitting distance actually speaks. I mean, I say that in a dress I’d like something with a little definition about the bust. I’m not exactly Pamela Anderson on top and considering that what I don’t have in that area I make up for somewhere else, it’d be nice to appear a little more in proportion. Vain, I know but you get that in brides apparently.

So yeah, I try to explain that I think I’d like either a different fabric on the top of a bodice or some ribbons or artfully draped material or, well, you know, something but I don’t want a gown with a single panel of material that sits flat against your shape as it is followed down from your décolletage to your waist (or however far the panel of material actually goes down). I say this to dressers and the description, however vague it really is, actually makes sense to me. What I get is what about this lovely gown here (that has a single panel of material that drapes over your chest and in guaranteed to make you look flat as a pancake).

Ok, so I am exaggerating the description of my attributes (or lack thereof), but seriously, it can’t be that hard to listen to someone and process that information accordingly. If you don’t stock that style of gown then that’s ok, but you certainly notice the difference in service from someone who tries to understand your likes and dislikes as opposed to someone who assumes that women in wedding dresses are kind of like barbie dolls. You know, they’re all going to look sort of the same at the end of the day anyway so at this point, you’re only really debating sequin placement!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home