Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Monday, June 13, 2005

BB

So I bought myself a used car today. I was in the market for something that would fit my current needs and wouldn’t require me to over extend myself. Apparently I ended up with a bargain. In the grand scheme of things, it all happened rather quickly really, because I only started looking on Saturday, but it wasn’t a decision that I happened to take lightly.

There were lots of things I considered before signing my life away on the dotted line. Initially on approaching the car I decided on, I took in the appearance of the vehicle itself (I had nothing else to go on at that stage really). The car was clean with no obvious damage or problems that I would have difficulty with and looked as though it would suit me well.

I noted from the sheet that the car was relatively new, being a late model from the year before last (as opposed to older than me by way too many years like my first car) and that there was extremely low mileage. The amount of time your car has spent running around for somebody else is often a point to be considered. As is whether it encountered problems doing so.

I also noted that it was a sound car (it had inspection stickers to that effect) and came with various protection which meant I wouldn’t have to be worried about it falling apart on me. The car was still covered by warranties which served as an added comfort to myself and it could be considered fortunate that there were not a plethora of previous owners. I am actually fairly sure that said owners took good care of the car when they were in possession of it as well.

So all in all, the car appeared to be a good bet. We fit together nicely, neither being too big or small for the other and the test drive boded well for the future. I think BB (my Baby Beep Beep Blue Barina Buddy) could be good for me so in turn I will ensure that I can take care of us (calling AAMI and the NRMA etc). After that, it should all be on for young and old.

And that actually describes attitudes and thoughts that may or may not be applicable at all in other situations, now doesn’t it? It was just a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home