Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Monday, June 20, 2005

Schlampe Alert At The Löwenbräu

Had you been at the Löwenbräu Keller on Saturday night, you might have seen me. I was not the girl with the incredibly short skirt and the low cut top. I was also not the girl who looked like she was trying to make out with the support beam on the dance floor. I was however doing a little dirty dancing of my own with my partner in crime, Naughty M, who was more than happy to attract a little attention with me. Saturday was my night off and I had fun!

It was the first time I had actually been to the Löwenbräu but it probably won’t be the last. The underground bar reminds me a lot of a place I used to work and anywhere that plays flashback hits that I can sing along loudly (and possibly badly) to is all good. Its not everyone’s scene I’m sure but the crowd there was pretty cruisy on the weekend and I had a ball putting on a bit of a display.

I am aware that when I get out on a dance floor with someone else who loves to move, I am more than happy play it up. I am also aware that in the past, some may have thought I was making an exhibition of myself but I just thought I’d point out that whereas yes, I’m flattered by the attention, I don’t actually care, and I dance cause I enjoy it, not to pick up. I do exactly the same thing alone in my flat with the music turned up when the mood takes me.

In addition to that, I don’t do anything indecent that I wouldn’t do were my parents in the room say. For the most part that night, I was actually dancing a combination of salsa, mambo and swing with dips and spins thrown in whenever I could remember how to lead them. As far as I’m concerned, nowhere near enough guys know how to partner dance so a couple of years ago, I started learning how to be a man so I didn’t have to miss out if there was a willing female and no available guy. Its stood me in good stead so far.

And now I’d just like to say kudos to the gentleman who got up and danced with us before he left. He was one of the people who had been watching my group of couples dancing and he obviously decided to come and join in the fun. He had to have been in his late 50’s at least, but he could still jive and we all stopped to watch. Now that was very cool. There should definitely be more men like him around. I have a lot of respect for someone who is happy to jump right in and enjoy life and I think the younger you start, the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home