Down The Aisle...

A singluar focus on my life in Sydney. I was "single", then I became "engaged" and now I'm married - but thats another story...

Friday, February 25, 2005

Slightly Pointless

Well I guess to start with you definitely get points for being hot. Really hot as it were - which you were told. You also probably get a few points for making contact as you said you would. No one likes someone who says they’ll call but then doesn’t. You lose half those points however for taking your own sweet time about it. No one likes being put off either. You get those points back I think for pursuing a situation where the logistics really were daunting but you lose three times that amount for acting like you really didn’t want to be there when you eventually were. Even if you did have a hangover. Its rude and one then wonders what was the point.

On the other hand though, bonus points can be awarded for being completely honest in what you said and in response to those questions you answered. You were open with your feelings which isn’t always easy. It must be noted however that these points would definitely not be as high as they could have been as you only answered the questions that you actually wanted to, not the one you didn’t. So all in all Gauchegirl finishes up with (a very biased) 7 out of 10 on the scale for whether chicks are worth seeing again. She’s quite nice and she looks alright but is a little high maintenance in that you occasionally have to figure out what’s actually going on in her head.

As least that’s one possibility that may have resulted from some previous weekends. I may have fared much worse regardless of whether or not the guy in question felt all of the above was in fact obvious. I may be grossly underestimating my required level of 'maintenance' or wildly exaggerating the desire others may have to see me more than once (or in this case twice). I may also be making a whole lot of bother over nothing - which it appears this all will amount to in any case. Either way, I guess I would say that there were some things that I now wish I could not so much change, as make up for. A few things have felt unresolved but you get that in life, and then you move on.

So I guess it still remains to be seen what will actually turn my head (and keep it turned). Or maybe thats not really the best way to put it. The Australian Clearance Diving Team jogged past me twice the other morning and I must admit that I did take notice. Seriously though, everything in life teaches you something so now I'll have to see if I've learned. You have to get points for trying though, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home